Home Sweet Home Forum Index

Home Sweet Home Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Godsmack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Sweet Home Forum Index -> Home Sweet Home - English Part -> Music
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Troubl3

PostPosted: 15/04/2007 13:28:45    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

Historie:
In February of 1995, after being behind the drums for more than 23 years, Sully Erna decided to start a new band as a lead singer.

Sully Erna, Robbie Merrill and Tony Rombola soon joined together and hit the studio, recording their first CD titled ALL WOUND UP. For the next two years, the band played throughout the Boston area with drummer Joe Darco and began earning a strong reputation and following. Eventually their CD landed in the hands of a DJ for WAAF, a Boston radio station. WAAF put "Keep Away" into heavy rotation and it quickly soared to the #1 spot at the station. Newbury Comics, a New England record store chain, agreed to sell the CD on consignment and the grind continued. Shortly after the success of "Keep Away" Godsmack went back into the studio and recorded a single titled "Whatever", which became the new local favorite on WAAF.

In the summer of 1998, Republic/Universal Records signed the band to a contract. Joe Darco was replaced by Tommy Stewart, and ALL WOUND UP was re-mastered. The finished self-titled debut CD GODSMACK hit the shelves 6 weeks later, leading to the bands first headlining tour, "The Voodoo Tour".

The Godsmack logoIn 2002, Godsmack received a Grammy nomination in Best Rock Instrumental Performance for the song "Vampires" from the album Awake. In 2004, they were opening for Metallica's Madly in Anger with the World Tour, while headlining with Dropbox in the summer. Then they did acoustic shows for their newly released album The Other Side in the fall of 2004, while still opening for Metallica. In September 2004, Godsmack issued a live DVD titled "Changes," (it went gold, according to RIAA) which the band recorded earlier that year. That same month, the group also released "Batalla de los Tambores," a live cut available only via online services such as Apple's iTunes Music Store, Real, Napster, and the Zune Marketplace. Their first release from the album "IV" was "Speak" was released on February 14, 2006 and their album titled IV was released April 25, 2006. The band will continue performing on their IV tour in May and June, 2007. IV debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling 211,000 copies in its first week.

Current members
- Sully Erna (b. February 7, 1968, in Lawrence, Massachusetts, U.S.A.) - Vocals,
Lyrics, Guitar, and Percussion - ex-Strip Mind.
- Robbie Merrill (b. June 13, 1963, in Norwood, Massachusetts, U.S.A.) - Bass and
backing vocals
- Tony Rombola (b. November 24, 1964, in Lawrence, Massachusetts, U.S.A.) - Guitar and
backing vocals
- Shannon Larkin (b. April 24, 1967, in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A) - Drums/Percussion -
ex-Amen, Wrathchild America, Souls At Zero

Former members
Lee Richards - Guitars
Tommy Stewart - Drums (1997-2002)
Joe D'arco - Drums

Few songs by Youtube:
I stand alone: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hyc2MuyUC5k
Awake: http://youtube.com/watch?v=c-xBVfYks0g

PostPosted: 15/04/2007 13:28:45    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Troubl3

PostPosted: 22/04/2007 18:52:39    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

Seems I'm the only one who actually listens to them O_O

PostPosted: 22/04/2007 20:18:05    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

To be honest I don't know this band

Visit poster’s website
Troubl3

PostPosted: 24/04/2007 18:56:42    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

That's allright Wink I didn't know them also from like... 2 weeks ago Razz

PostPosted: 28/04/2007 20:10:32    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

I don't know them....till now anyway!

Visit poster’s website MSN
Troubl3

PostPosted: 30/04/2007 09:13:22    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

Unstoppable avanger wrote:
I don't know them....till now anyway!

What do yah think of them? ^^

PostPosted: 01/07/2007 13:22:43    Post subject: Godsmack Reply with quote

Actually i don't change them with lordi!

Visit poster’s website MSN
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: 18/08/2018 15:43:34    Post subject: Godsmack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home Sweet Home Forum Index -> Home Sweet Home - English Part -> Music All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange